Tell Us Your Story
These are some of the questions we’d like to ask you. Feel free to answer any or all of them.
- What is your heritage? Tell us about your family.
- What does it mean to be an American today?
- What is your American dream?
- In what ways are we divided as a country?
- Why do you think we are so divided? What unites us as a country?
- How were you, your family and/or community impacted by the 2008 financial crisis? What are your living conditions like today?
- Are you hopeful about the future? What are your fears and hopes?
- What do you think are some solutions to our country’s challenges?
You can read the submitted stories here.
When you submit your story, please submit a photo of yourself and a 1-2 sentence bio (e.g., Mary is a retired public school math teacher living in Houston, Texas with her two dogs and husband. She grew up in a military family and lived in Germany and Japan as a child.).
You can add your voice to the Story of America in a the following ways:
- Submit your story, photo, or video blog below.
- Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please support Story of America with a tax deductible donation.